I'm all about making this turning one thing seem a bit better and less sad.. like saying he is 365 days instead of a year. Yeah. Thats better. Now it doesn't seem like he is one. And I dont feel so much like crying.
I'm struggling with this milestone (if you haven't already guessed). With Aiden I was, and still am, so excited for all the firsts. Anxious even. But with E, I just want time to stop. Or at least slow down. It doesn't seem fair that after you have kids time speeds up. I just look back on this year and feel like it absolutely FLEW! BUT. I am also so thankful for having a healthy, happy baby. Im thankful that he made through his first year without having and ER trips, or hospital stays, or bad injuries and staying (semi) healthy. I'm thankful that he got to experience an awesome first year of his life with so many great family and friends.
I have never felt more blessed than when I look at my boys. There was a time when I didn't know if having another baby was in our plan, but He delivered. And now I cannot imagine a world without E. He is sweet, happy, adorable, funny, and loving. Here's a little "All About Emmitt" with just a few highlights:
Loves
Being outside
Reading books
Climbing - on anything
Taking baths (playing in water)
Playing with Aiden
Being chased and tickled
Looking for birds outside
Puppies and kitties
He can
Take steps (up to about 10!)
Say lots of words (Hi Dada, Aiden, Wow, Hot, Out, Where at, Mama, Papa, and Bath are just a sample. Just in the last couple weeks he has really started mimicking what we say so the amount of words he is trying is amazing! He even tried "Hannah" at the party!)
Wave, clap, blow kisses
He enjoys pushing stuff aroud, loves eating food, and will snuggle with the best of them if you catch him at the right time. He has the cutest personality and is an extremely happy little boy.
OH AND.. drum roll please..... he sleeps through the night now!!!!
Here are some snapshots of his first birthday:
Check out this adorable party table and cake! Thanks Grammy :)
We were able to enjoy being outside for a bit, before it started raining. :)
Awesomeness that Grammy and Papa gave E!
Have you guys seen this?! Look at all these shoes!
Awesome DIY board Aunt Sarah and Uncle Brent made! Wowza!!
He decided to use Sarah's leg as a booster to get up on the table and get the drink. Stinker :)
These two will cause all sorts of trouble very soon.....
Family picture time! Say cheese!
By the time this picture was up it was pouring down rain and Aiden was totally over it. He had places to be.
Classic.
My little 365 days old guy. Love him to the moon and back.
Cake anyone?
We gave him his smash cake first, but it had pretzels on it and he was taking his time knawing on them. So I took it away and gave him a cupcake. Things went much better (and messier)...
Okay. Yes. You are one. And I am so happy. :)















No comments:
Post a Comment