Wisconsin Dells 2014!
We had a blast at The Wilderness! Definitely needed more than 3 days, this place is huge! Of the EIGHT big waterparks, we made it to 2 outdoor and 1 indoor! Our room was poolside, not sure why we haven't done that every time. So worth it. Grammy and Papa's room was a couple floors above ours, but it was almost directly above us, so at least we didn't have to hike a mile to get there!
What did we do? What you would expect at America's Largest Waterpark Resort...Swam. Went down slides. Played in the splash pads. Got in the giant wave pool. And repeat. We also made time for riding go-carts, playing in a 4-story playground, getting ice cream and pizza, and napping :)
I forced myself to keep my phone and camera out of my hands a majority of the time but I captured a few moments..
One of the many splash pads. This one was right outside our room. (And not slippery at all.. right Grammy ?!? ;) )
I love this picture for several reasons:
*All the smiles
*Aiden is IN the splash pad (last year he did not enjoy splash pads)
*Jeff has Emmitt IN the bucket in the background
*E making friends with a little girl
Another little kid area outside our room. This was a favorite of E's. He LOVED the swings! He was so, so great. I was a little nervous because he really has only been in splash pads a couple times and had yet to be in a pool. But he loved it! He's so mellow, I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised. He waved at everyone he saw :) Gosh that smile. Lights up the world.
Playing with Grammy and Papa :)
"Where did Papa go?"
"Ah!! He's gonna get you!"
:)
Nap time. You can't see the best, but they are both laying exactly the same way. Hehe.
Aiden talking to Grammy on the phone. So adult-like ;)
Aiden had a blast. I mean, a blast! He loved being able to touch. He was a very brave boy. He went down the slides about 589 times and screamed with joy every. single. time.
(Still not a fan of the big buckets. Maybe next year..)
During naptime Grammy and Papa took kid duty and Jeff and I got to go play! We went down some crazy slides and thoroughly enjoyed our 2 hours of "freedom" ;)
The blue slide on the right was THE greatest water slide ever. Lunar Loop. Google it.
3 days in the Dells = 2 very sleepy boys!
What a wonderful vacation it was.
See you next year Dells!















I miss vacation! So much fun! And...thank you for not posting any pictures of Grammy in her swimming suit:) You are the best
ReplyDeleteLove you...can't wait till next year!